221022-HP-daniel-ament1-photo.jpg

Daniel Ament talks about the double lung transplant he received due to vaping during a presentation Friday at St. Joseph High School.

ST. JOSEPH — Daniel Ament knows the risks associated with the rising trend of vaping.

Ament, a Wayne State University student, spoke to St. Joseph High School students Friday about how vaping resulted in him receiving a special type of pneumonia, which nearly killed him. The 19-year-old college sophomore subsequently underwent a double lung transplant.

221022-HP-daniel-ament3-photo.jpg

Students gather to listen as Daniel Ament talks about the dangers of vaping during a presentation Friday at St. Joseph High School.

221022-HP-daniel-ament2-photo.jpg

Daniel Ament shows a video featuring his hospitalization from a double lung transplant he received due to vaping during a presentation Friday at St. Joseph High School.

Contact: jknot@TheHP.com, 932-0360, Twitter: @knotjuliana