Lemoine wins Jarvis Memorial Scholarship
COLOMA — The Coloma Band Boosters have awarded their inaugural “Live Like Lori” Lori Jarvis Memorial Scholarship to Coloma High School senior Caitlyn Lemoine.
She was awarded a $500 scholarship.
Jarvis was the former Berrien County register of deeds. She died June 14 following a vehicle accident.
Whirlpool Foundation announces annual scholarship winners
BENTON HARBOR — The Whirlpool Foundation has announced the results of its 68th annual Sons & Daughters Scholarship competition, offered to Whirlpool Corp.’s families.
Three $24,000 scholarships, payable over four years, two $2,500 Honor Awards and one $1,000 Incentive Award were presented.
The Honor Awards are given to alternates selected from each employee group, while the Incentive Award encourages Whirlpool sons and daughters to pursue additional education opportunities by granting awards to randomly selected applicants.
Scholarship winners were:
• Four-year scholarships: Aashish Harikrishnan, son of Pasupathy Harikrishnan, St. Joseph High School; Rohith Erukulla, son of Sridhar Erukulla, Dunlap High School; Xi Chen (Chelsea), daughter of Yuquan Chen, Penn High School.
• Honor Awards: Kaleb Dunsbergen, son of Kirk Dunsbergen, Lakeshore High School; Megan Yacobozzi, daughter of Alan Yacobozzi, St. Joseph High School.
• Incentive Award: Christian Monconduit, son of Nadia Green, Lake Michigan Catholic High School.
For more information about the scholarship program, email email@example.com.
Students recognized with MEC scholarships
CASSOPOLIS — A pair of local high school seniors will begin their post-secondary education with a little financial support from Midwest Energy & Communications.
MEC recently awarded $1,000 scholarships to the following students for their leadership and academic achievement:
• Megan Dopheide, the daughter of Chris and Terri Dopheide of Lawton. An accomplished athlete at Lawton High School, Megan participated in cross country, basketball, and track and field.
She also was involved with Student Council, Students Against Destructive Decisions, National Honor Society, and served as the youth vote coordinator for Van Buren County.
She will attend Ferris State University.
• Jonathan Stockwell, the son of Eugene and Denise Stockwell of Dowagiac. Jonathan has been involved with the band program at Dowagiac Union High School, including serving as drum major, and also is a member of the National Honor Society.
He served as president of the North Red Hill 4-H Club and as a member of the Teen Leadership Council in Cass County 4-H.
He will attend Trine University.